Monday, February 17, 2014

WIP on Ink Series

So last week I picked up a paintbrush, dipped it in india ink and just had a heyday. I then decided to make the ink drawings into a series entitled "Ink Patterns" (how original!). The ink series were made with several overlapping layers of varying shades of ink washes. I started with something very geometric then began to transition into making something else much more organic. I am now working on digitally coloring it in photoshop. Along is my mini mood board and color palette.

(the scanned ink drawings)

 WIP so far- I'm a tad frustrated, however, I will push through the struggle and continue on! 

Here is my mini mood board and color palette...which I now notice is very similar to the color palette of my previous mineral pattern. Oops...ah well...doesn't change the fact that the colors still go well together.


No comments:

Post a Comment