Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Letters to Friends"

So in conjunction with working on my pattern and surface design work I have begun another project of sorts for myself. After receiving letters this summer I decided to make postcards and send them to friends in the mail! I've always loved receiving handwritten letters in the mail- it really makes my day!

I love to collage and am a collector of all sorts of things- some of which include vintage postcards, endless amounts of fashion and National Geographic and travel magazines, embroidery thread, glitter modge podge, stationary paper..it goes on and on but these are a few of my favorites to work with. Here are 2 of the 15 postcards I have made (the goal is to make 30 postcards and send them out!)

(.......and yes....they are instagram photos..no shame!)

No comments:

Post a Comment