Thursday, November 15, 2012

Other Patterns


For my senior thesis I have decided to focus on designing and making patterns. My usual process includes drawing out my imagery first with ink, scanning, then assembling the pattern in photoshop where I proceed to digitally color it as well. 

This pattern was based off flowers I had drawn for a portrait. I liked the flowers so much I thought about making it into a pattern and this is what I came up with. 

 I'm starting to notice how much I like things related to the 60's era and decided to draw hairstyles from the 60's and make it into a pattern! This is probably my favorite pattern at the moment. 


I decided to draw out these abstract flowers that look more like something that should be undersea or something like that. I decided to try two different color palettes. I'm content with them- though they are one of my least favorite patterns I've made so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment